|January 1, 2018||January 2, 2018||January 3, 2018||January 4, 2018||January 5, 2018||January 6, 2018||January 7, 2018|
|January 8, 2018||January 9, 2018||January 10, 2018||January 11, 2018||January 12, 2018||January 13, 2018||January 14, 2018|
|January 15, 2018||January 16, 2018||January 17, 2018||January 18, 2018||January 19, 2018||January 20, 2018||January 21, 2018|
|January 22, 2018||January 23, 2018||January 24, 2018||January 25, 2018||January 26, 2018||January 27, 2018||January 28, 2018|
|January 29, 2018||January 30, 2018||January 31, 2018||February 1, 2018||February 2, 2018||February 3, 2018||February 4, 2018|
Project Fund Accountant / Auditor – Immediate Hire
Project Fund Accountant / Auditor
(Lao National Position)
Brief: MRLG seeks a proactive, experienced and organised Accountant / Auditor to assist the MRLG Grant Facility. They should have experience in compliance & monitoring of project funds & contracts.
The Mekong Region Land Governance Project funded by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC), with support from the Governments of Germany and Luxembourg, is jointly implemented by Land Equity International (LEI) and Professionals for Fair Development (Gret). The Project aims to address weak land governance and tenure insecurity in the Mekong region by empowering local stakeholders, building alliances, and supporting policy influencing activities as windows of opportunity emerge. MRLG has a large portfolio of innovation fund projects commencing, therefore we are seeking additional support to the regional Office in Vientiane.
We seek a Lao National project fund accountant and auditing officer.
Starting date: Immediate, May 2016
Contract Duration: 23 months contract (to end of Project March 2018).
Work location: MRLG Regional Office, Vientiane (co-located with Gret).
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the direction of the Grant Facility Manager and in consultation with the Finance Administration Officer and Project Fund Officers, the Accountant will:
- Provide assistance to potential grantees to prepare budget/financial plans.
- Review all QDF and IF contracts and comment on budget proposals.
- Conduct project financial orientation to new grantees to ensure compliance to financial requirements and reporting, and oversee expenditure reporting of contractors under the Funds Unit – QDF and IF.
- Oversee expenditure tracking of contracts under the Funds Unit – QDF and IF and track disbursements by the project (value of total Funds Unit is up to $7 million USD).
- Process invoices – check against budget, check approvals and timesheets, request payments by LEI.
- Undertake contractor fiduciary risk assessment and project based auditing for Grant Facility and L&A activities as required.
- Prepare all financial information and contracts for auditing.
- Support expenditure reporting of CMV MRLG Project Offices.
- Provide budget preparation support and expenditure checking to L&A activities as required.
- Provide support as required to the Funds Manager and Finance Administration Officer.
Coordination of activities requires:
- Coordination of funded project activities (IF, QDF, L&A) with MRLG PIU activities.
- Promote a harmonious work environment within the team and the LEI and GRET values.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum a Tertiary Certificate in Accounting / Finance.
- Demonstrated experience in accounting and auditing – 5 years.
- Excellent English communication skills.
- Good organizational, team work, interpersonal and communication skills.
LEI is value based equal opportunities employer, appointing on merits by open competition. We highly encourage women and persons from ethnic minority background to apply.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter that demonstrates they meet the responsibilities and qualification requirements, a CV and at least 2 referees contact details. Submit your application with attention to Kate Rickersey, email@example.com, no later than the 16th May 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.