- Land law dropped after PM’s rejection
- Laos moving forward in establishing guidelines for responsible agricultural investment
- Lao National Assembly and Land Information Working Group organize Workshop on Land and Natural Resource management
- Regional perspectives on paralegal models for land conflict resolution in Myanmar
|November 27, 2017||November 28, 2017||November 29, 2017||November 30, 2017||December 1, 2017||December 2, 2017||December 3, 2017|
|December 4, 2017||December 5, 2017||December 6, 2017||December 7, 2017||December 8, 2017||December 9, 2017||December 10, 2017|
|December 11, 2017||December 12, 2017||December 13, 2017||December 14, 2017||December 15, 2017||December 16, 2017||December 17, 2017|
|December 18, 2017||December 19, 2017||December 20, 2017||December 21, 2017||December 22, 2017||December 23, 2017||December 24, 2017|
|December 25, 2017||December 26, 2017||December 27, 2017||December 28, 2017||December 29, 2017||December 30, 2017||December 31, 2017|
MRLG seeks Information Platform Coordinator “application extended”
Information Platform Coordinator (full time)
The Mekong Region Land Governance Project funded by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC), with support from the Governments of Germany and Luxembourg, is jointly implemented by Land Equity International (LEI) and Professionals for Fair Development (Gret). The Project aims to address weak land governance and tenure insecurity in the Mekong region by empowering local stakeholders, building alliances, and supporting policy influencing activities as windows of opportunity emerge. In April 2016, MRLG will start implementation of a new component: the Mekong – Land Information Knowledge Engagement platform, dedicated to bringing dialogue around new knowledge and solutions to improve land tenure of smallholders in the Mekong Region.
MRLG is now recruiting for the Information Platform Coordinator –DOWNLOAD
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the direction of the Knowledge Management Manager the Coordinator will:
- Coordinate the development, production and dissemination of a State of Land Report in collaboration with MRLG staff and partners
- Support repackaging and synthesis of MRLG and partners’ research and information and reports produced by the Innovation Fund, Quick Disbursement Fund and Learning and Alliance Building activities.
- Develop and implement a process to ensure key knowledge products are translated into core Mekong Languages (Lao, Khmer, Burmese and Vietnamese).
- Oversee the M-LIKE web-portal.
- Develop materials and dialogue tools to support MRLG engagement with key targets groups including farmers, media influencers, high level policy makers and private sector
- Support knowledge brokering and linking between reform actors and other groups in coordination with team leader through concrete mechanisms for coordination.
Coordination of activities requires:
- Coordinate and manage inputs from four national platform officers placed with national level partners as well as regional staff as necessary, in harmony with MRLG activities.
- Manage consultants to support different aspects of the platform.
- Promote a harmonious work environment within MRLG team and LEI & GRET values.
Qualifications and Experience:
- At least 10-15 years of experience working in communications, knowledge management, digital platform facilitation and management and natural resource management.
- Strategic thinking and the ability to manage competing and changing priorities.
- Experience in convening, organizing and facilitating multi-stakeholder platforms.
- Experience in partnership building and developing communication strategies targeting policy makers and private sector.
- Strong English writing and strategic communication skills using a variety of media.
Contract duration: 2 Years
Work location: MRLG Regional Office (co-located with Gret), Vientiane Lao PDR
LEI is value based equal opportunities employer, appointing on merits by open competition. We highly encourage women and persons from ethnic minority background to apply.
Please send you curriculum Vitae (incl, references, certificates and expected salary) and 1 page application letter to explain why you may be the ideal candidate.
Submit your application/enquiries with attention to Kate Rickersey, email@example.com