- Laos moving forward in establishing guidelines for responsible agricultural investment
- Lao National Assembly and Land Information Working Group organize Workshop on Land and Natural Resource management
- Regional perspectives on paralegal models for land conflict resolution in Myanmar
- Three students from Mekong Region get scholarships for a new masters course in Land Governance in Chiang Mai
|September 25, 2017||September 26, 2017||September 27, 2017||September 28, 2017||September 29, 2017||September 30, 2017||October 1, 2017|
|October 2, 2017||October 3, 2017||October 4, 2017||October 5, 2017||October 6, 2017||October 7, 2017||October 8, 2017|
|October 9, 2017||October 10, 2017||October 11, 2017||October 12, 2017||October 13, 2017||October 14, 2017||October 15, 2017|
|October 16, 2017||October 17, 2017||October 18, 2017||October 19, 2017||October 20, 2017||October 21, 2017||October 22, 2017|
|October 23, 2017||October 24, 2017||October 25, 2017||October 26, 2017||October 27, 2017||October 28, 2017||October 29, 2017|
|October 30, 2017||October 31, 2017||November 1, 2017||November 2, 2017||November 3, 2017||November 4, 2017||November 5, 2017|
MLIKE Web and Communications Manager (Nationals Mekong Countries Encouraged to Apply)
The Mekong Region Land Governance (MRLG) Project is funded by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation, with support from the Governments of Germany and Luxembourg. It is being jointly implemented by Land Equity International (LEI) and Professionals for Fair Development (Gret). The Project aims to address weak land governance and tenure insecurity in the Mekong region by empowering local stakeholders, building alliances, and supporting policy influencing activities as windows of opportunity emerge. The Project works across the four Mekong countries of Cambodia, Lao PDR, Myanmar and Vietnam to support cross-country learning and facilitate/open up space for dialogue and alliance building. We are seeking office administration support for the regional office which is based in Vientiane.
The Project requires an experienced editor/web manager, knowledgeable of land issues, to manage the Mekong Land Information and Knowledge Exchange online platform and related social media. The main language of operation is English.
We seek a MLIKE Web and Communications Manager.
The MLIKE Web and Communication Manager’s primary responsibilities are to populate and maintain the MLIKE website, within the LP platform, and manage associated social media. This requires coordination with land projects, coalitions and research groups to ensure effective synergies and value-added services. The manager will have a strong user understanding and demonstrated expertise in both the content areas and basic website management.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Populate and maintain the MLIKE website to be timely and relevant in the provision of information to users. This will include the following content:
- News and announcements
- Promoted publications
- Land stories/blog
- About page, including MLIKE developments
- Upload materials, especially news and announcements and blogs, to Land Portal for their promotion onto MLIKE; insure proper tagging. Identify appropriate data and publications to provide to OD Mekong and promote as links onto the Land Portal repository.
- Identify any technical issues that affect maintenance of the website and coordinate with the Land Portal website developer to address those in a timely way.
- Promote and solicit contributions, especially in regard to land stories, news and organizations; vet contributions to ensure they are do not create political or legal liabilities.
- Manage online dialogues from a technical perspective; provide training and support to content facilitators. Ensure proper and complete documentation.
- Coordinate event marketing.
- Manage MLIKE social media with relevant and timely postings.
- Coordinate with other land groups to aid effective use of MLIKE to promote their programs, knowledge products, activities and opportunities and to utilize the dialogue and blog features to motivate discussion.
- Monitor website and social media performance; solicit feedback from users.
- Provide regular updates and written reports on the website and social media.
- Promote MLIKE and contribute to building and nurturing the network of users and contributors.
- Perform other tasks, as requested.
Qualifications and experience
- Minimal BA in communications or related field or equivalent relevant experience (communications, website management, social media, etc.)
- At least 2 years of work experience in relevant position
- Basic skills in website management and related software (WordPress, Photoshop, etc.); skills and experience in DRUPAL is a plus OR demonstrated skills and interest in learning DRUPAL website management skills
- Experience in using Facebook and Twitter
- Excellent written and oral English communications; fluency in other Mekong region languages a plus
- Excellent editorial and writing skills, particularly from a journalistic approach
- Demonstrated skills in effective collaboration with others
- Knowledge of land and development issues is a plus
- Strong personal initiative and good organizational skills; ability to work in a virtual environment
- Must be prepared to travel on occasion for work activities
Start date: September 2017
Contract duration: June 2018, may be extended
Location: Accepting applications from all Mekong countries; prefer applicants located in Hanoi, HCMC, Can Tho, Vietnam or Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter that demonstrates they meet the responsibilities and qualification requirements, a CV and at least 2 referees contact details. Submit your application with attention to Terry Parnell, firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than the 10 August 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.